Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default electical safety re washing machine installation

wrote:
ex-cowboy wrote:

hello and sorry for the basic questions

i've just had a new washing machine delivered to a place i've just
moved into, the installation was part of the price, however the guy
said he was not allowed to fit the washing machine in because there
was an electrical socket directly behind where the washing machine
was located.

does this mean i need to (get someone to) move the power sockets to
somewhere else?

no it means he couldnt be arsed to wait long enough to plug it in for
you.

The white goods sheds offer installation for about £18, or even free, but as
NT said, they can't be arsed to do much. I had one where they refused to
install because the waste needed a jubilee clip, and the cable went into a
FCU.

Nothing to do with the two lazy gits from Comet having to cart the old
machine down 4 flights of stairs was it?

I installed the new machine, wired it in & fitted a clip for £75, including
carting the old machine down the stairs.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman