Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default How to replace kitchen cabinet hinge?

On 29 Aug 2006 07:43:14 -0700, wrote:

This is a very basic beginner question. I need to replace half a dozen
Blum hinges on the kitchen cabinet doors. These are recessed Blum
hinges. They are held in their pockets by two small screws. I am
afraid that when I replace the hinges they won't be held securely since
the screws will go into the existing holes. What can be done to make
sure the new screws hold the hinges securely even though they are
screwed into the old holes?

Thanks!

Assuming you really do need to fix the screw holes, one technique
(after removing those hinges) would be to apply some yellow glue to
wooden toothpicks and shove them into the existing screw holes. Wait
for the glue to dry then trim the part of the toothpicks that's
protruding flush. Then place your hinge into the pockets and replace
the screws.