Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Do shelf supports like this exist?

dadiOH (in d9oIg.1966$XD1.1049@trnddc01) said:

| A. One can make the shelf a close fit between the cabinet ends and
| make shallow dados in the shelf ends to fit around the clip.

This is what I do - and it works well to both hide the support and
prevent the shelf from moving. I have a small sample in the shop and,
if you'd like, can snap a couple of pix when I go to the shop
tomorrow.

| B. Use a screw through the bottom hole of the clip into the
| shelf...that's why it is there.

If you go this route, you should only need one screw on each end. I'd
put through the back shelf supports where id'd show least.

| C. Put a face frame on the cabinet so it retains the shelves.

Also a good way to go. Don't fasten the face frame to the shelves. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar