Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher Wood Butcher is offline

Default Do shelf supports like this exist?

Shoot a brad thru the hole in the support and into the shelf.
It will remain proud of the shelf underside enough to hold the
shelf but you wont see it.

Art

"Gordon Airporte" wrote in message
. ..
I have a cabinet with adjustable shelving which is open on opposing
sides and I'm looking for ways to secure the shelves from sliding out.
I'm using standard shelf pins like this
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...8&cookietest=1
but I realized someone should make a version with another pin sticking
up (instead a hole or a friction pad) which I can drill holes in the
bottoms of the shelves to accept. Rockler and Lee Valley don't have
anything like it, though, so it probably doesn't exist :-)
I suppose I could put pins in the bottom of the shelves that would fit
into the holes in the supports I have now, but that's not as pretty a
solution. I want to maintain ease of shelf rearrangement.
Is that the best I can do?