Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Routers - the wood cutting type.

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Cicero wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Cicero wrote:
snipped

I'd get one each of these:

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section//sn/TRET3EK

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=sl196+router&Search=1

I've got the Trend and I use it a fair bit. If/when I need a 1/2"
router I'll start off with the other one.

I've also got a cheap 1000W router with 1/4 collet but it gets very
little use, it's a bit unwieldy for small stuff and doesn't take
1/2" bits.

snipped

cheers,
Pete.

=============================
The specification for the Trend one says it has a pillar drill
fitment. Does this mean what it appears to suggest - that you can
attach it to a pillar drill? If so how does it work, if you've tried
it?

Cic.

Just by detaching the main body from the plunger base,this is also
common on the B&D 850W routers

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

=============================
How does it attach to the pillar drill?

Cic.

I think it attaches to the pillar drills work area stand upside down?
although I suppose most routers can be adapted to it?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

That's more or less what I was thinking. I suppose it depends on the design of
the drill table. I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and see what I can do.

Cic.

It has removed 356 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!