mongke

Default Four questions form novice to welding

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:51:00 +0000, Loren Coe wrote:

In article , mongke wrote:
Thanks in advance for the input

4. Suppose I cut steel pieces with torch. If I want to weld/braze them
along the cutting lines, do the cut pieces need to receive some treatment
prior to the welding? Happy New Year everybody, BTW Mongke

if the cut is "proper", ie, clean and w/o slag, it is ready to weld.
for brazing? i dunno, probably need to brush or grind it, get it all
bright. good luck, --Loren

But what about temper? If the metal gets so hot when cutting, wouldn't it
affect the strenght in the area just along the cut?

Mongke