Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default need a 2.5" speaker driver

wrote:

Hi all,
I discovered that a 2.5" speaker driver that i had in my speaker system
had blown, and i want to replace it, but cant seem to find any around.
anybody know of where i could get one?

need it to be 8Ohms
40 Watts

thanks a bunch!

I'd be surprised if any 2.5" speaker were worth replacing. This is the
junk end of the market (unless its a tweeter). If a junk product, most
electronic component companies sell miniature speakers.

If its a tweeter in a genuinely 40w system, rather than a plastic 1w
rms 40wpmpo pc speaker system, you'll want to get something the same or
similar, so more info needed. And again, component suppliers would be a
reasonable place to start. Or if youre brave you could rewind it.

NT