Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Barry N. Turner Barry N. Turner is offline

Default Identifiying lathe I suck at posting

You might try this link. www.oldwwmachines.com I had an old Craftsman
lathe, vintage 1949, that was actually a pretty good machine, especially for
what I paid for it. Like yours, it was constructed of cast iron, not lesser
materials, as newer models sometimes are.

Parts will be extremely hard to find, if at all. Accessories, faceplates,
drive centers, etc., are pretty easy. Bearings can usually be found at auto
parts or bearing suppliers. Good luck.

Barry

"Steve" wrote in message
Hello,

First let me thank those who helped me get the pictures on my post. As I
expalined in my previous post. My father in law gave me a lathe that
belonged to his father. I can't find a serial number on it so I am having
hard time tracking down the origianl specs to see if I can get parts and
accessories for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are some
pictures of my lathe and that of the 1935-36 Craftsman lathe.

Thanks,

Steve

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...964/lathe4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...964/lathe3.jpg