Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Solar powered stirling engine project

(in
) said:

| Quite possibly a patent desclosure could be located at the US
| Patent Office. I don't know if you can search century-old patents
| online.

I'm not sure; but think expired patents would be valuable in terms of
"prior art".

| BTW, I found that places that sell aquarium supplies, like the major
| Pet store chains, have very small inexpensive check valves.

I hadn't (and probably wouldn't have) thought of that.

| Also, did you get my email?

I did (two of them from you and a batch from other people). I've been
frying my circuits trying to absorb all the input!

Your second e-mail suggests that what I have may actually be a
steam/stirling hybrid, and I'm still working my way through what that
means in terms of modeling not-yet-built engines.

Several other people also suggested cold-side cooling, something I
hadn't concerned myself with, and I'm taking a look at low cost ways
to do that.

I was fairly comfortable watching the little desktop unit run; and now
I'm beginning to sympathize with the centipede asked to tell how he
walks with all those legs. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar