Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default advice on new vehicle

"jtpr" writes:

dwolf wrote:
At the moment I have a Nissan kingcab pickup which I use for work and daily
use..
Pickup lumber, deliver pieces that will fit..
I'm toying with buying something else... Gas mileage is important. As much
as I like small pickups and mini vans well ouch yuck, they can actually
load more inside than a small pickup. A friend has a Honda Odyssey.. loads a
lot..
So I was just curious what others are using for there business and daily use
vehicle that might get more that 18 to the gallon.. Joel

I have a Mini Cooper S, ~ 30MPG and a ton of fun. I can fit 8' studs
in it. Can't do a 4x8, but never really need to, and if I do I have it
delivered. Sounds like you use your pickup for a work truck, so you
probably need it. But the funny thing is how many people I know that
drive these 12-18 MPG pickup trucks that probably REALLY need them 3-4

My ranger gets 24MPG. Not too shabby. No A/C, No Power windows, no
fancy leather seats, but it hauls just fine; and a perfect commuter
vehicle.

scott