Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Laser levels - why not just use a ball of string?

wrote:
Tony Bryer wrote:

... The jetty is one of the longest of its type in the world, extending for
5.6 kilometers and dipping 1.2 meters over its length as it follows the
curvature of the earth.

Hmmm. I woulda thunk half that, ie r-sqrt(r^2-2.8^2), where r = 12,756.3 km.

Nick

Having spent a frustrating afternoon putting a coat of white paint on an
already white ceiling, it occurs to me that any line you could follow
would be a bonus. Is that something a laser level could do?
The tinted paint that's supposed to show you where you've been is
totally useless IMO