Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Threaded metal tube for lamp holders - whats it called?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:39:09 +0100, "Nick"
wrote:

Some lampholders have threaded bases to accept threaded tubing.
What thread is this? From memory I think there may be 2 different kinds.
I am trying to convert 2 big old porcelain vases into lamps.
The vases are each about 650mm tall and contain suitable drillings.
Any ideas please on (a) what it's called and (b) where can I get the stuff.

B&Q do this kind of stuff - I can't remember what the threaded tube is
called, but you'll find it.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland