Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc
Linz Linz is offline

Default American toilets

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:22:19 +0200, "John of Aix"
wrote:

Sam Nelson wrote:

Your hands can, presumably, never be cleaner than the water with
which you rinse them.

Not really true and no doubt the reason for hand dryers*. Water, even
'clean' cotains and is a good host for many bacteria. The object
therefore of such a dryer is to eliminate the host, the water and, I
suppose, supply sufficient heat to kill any nasties that remain. While
personal I'd rather have (paper) towels any time, logically I think that
if you're a hygiene nut, then a dryer is probably better.

How hot do you reckon the air in a dryer would have to be to kill any
bacteria?
--
Hooray for the differently sane.