Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building materials continued......

Tom wrote:
Thanks for all you help in my previous post, after ringing around i found
the local builders merchant to be very cheap and helpful. One other
question i do have is should i run light/socket cables in conduit within the
stud walls?

I didn't and te BCO never batted an eyelid. They are double insulated
already.

As they would be in direct contact with the insulation could
they get to warm and start a fire??

Hmm. They are fused at the consumer unit to 6A, and should never get
warm enough to do anything.

Rockwool is itself pretty fireproof, as is celotex. Its only polystyrene
that is bad news and that won't pass in a wall.

And in any case its unlikely that the cable would be fully enclosed in
insulation..you tend to run it inside, our outside, or clipped to a
stud, and that helps heat loss considerably.

Thanks
Tom