Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe Owen Lowe is offline

Default Identifiying lathe I suck at posting

In article 22oHg.20596$Te.16046@trnddc07,
"Steve" wrote:

First let me thank those who helped me get the pictures on my post. As I
expalined in my previous post. My father in law gave me a lathe that
belonged to his father. I can't find a serial number on it so I am having a
hard time tracking down the origianl specs to see if I can get parts and
accessories for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are some
pictures of my lathe and that of the 1935-36 Craftsman lathe.

Steve, try posting a few of the pictures on the Old Woodworking Machines
website:
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/ByType-Detail.asp?Type=8
under the Craftsman section. Then go to the forum and ask your questions
letting them know the pics are uploaded to the site.

If these guys don't know what you've got, then I'm not sure anyone will.
BTW, I looked at all the craftsman lathes they've got pics of and none
have a headstock that looks like yours.

Owen

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.