Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default What is it? CXXIX

Leon wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
ps.com...

Leon wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message

a "pneumatic hand-held jackhammer" to paraphrase...

Jack hammer? Absolutely known as an Air Chisel ...

Quotation marks and specifically saying "to paraphrase" aren't enough
for ya'???

I have been around air chisels since the early 70's and have never heard of
them referred to as jack hammers. Correctly named they are hammers or air
hammers. Jack hammers are typically held by 2 hands and are much larger.
Perhaps it's a regional thing.

I have been around air chisels for at least as long and if you WOULD
READ and understand what you read you would clearly see that I didn't
call it a jackhammer, I used the term to give the other poster an idea
what it does...

paraphrase ( ) n. A restatement in another form or other words...

Now, are you satisfied yet???