Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Diesel starting problem

"squelchy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but if it is a deasil
the glow plugs need to suck quite allot of batery power for them to
heat up before the fuel will light and start the engin if your battery
is not in its best condition tha is the first place I would look if you
notice the baterys on deasils are always heavy duty for this reason
compared to a pertrol engineed car hense why they tend to cost more to
replace (just the joys of a deasil) try to get the batery charged over
night or see if you friendly garage will test out the problem with a
new battery if you have a friendly local machanic they will do this for
free as if you need a new battery they would hopwe for the sale.

Batteries for diesel engines are heavier duty because the compression ratio
for diesel engines is significantly higher than that for petrol engines, and
this requires more torque.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)