Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Home made lathe - part search

I sold a whole bunch of saw arbors for around $35 each (they were new) - you
can get these things off of old table saws, etc - that is the essence of
what you need - then just add a pulley and a washing machine motor and make
the rest of wood or scrap angle iron.
"Max63" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for all tips, so far.
* Treadmill for 5$ ?!?! Wish I could find one for 100$ Would start
exercising at last.
* Pennstate lathe for 187$? Thats about the local price for a mini.
Still, am aiming at half the sum - both for for the challenge and not
to rock SWMBO's world just now.
* I wrote the part suppliers for help. Will update the group.
Any other tips or photos of actual success, welcomed.
thanks again...