Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Handheld circular saw recommendation?

HLAH wrote:
"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
HLAH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Richard Tobin wrote:
I recently used a handheld circular saw and found it much easier to use
than my jigsaw, so I'm thinking of buying one.

The one I used was rechargable but they seem to be VERY expensive, so
I'll probably get a mains one, especially since I always find that my
rechargable tools have run down when I want to use them. Can anyone
recommend one? I'll be using it for general d-i-y, including cutting
laminate flooring (presumably I need a fine-toothed blade for that).

-- Richard
stay well away from power devils - just in case youre tempted

Yes indeed, if they are still as bad as the one I got about 5 years ago,
then not at all nice, downright nasty and dangerous in fact.

The Argos Challenge one I got in a set with a diabolically poor pendulum
jigsaw for £25 is fine though.

Nasty and dangerous? Why? Maybe I've missed something on mine

The safety guard catches and won't retract easily.

Yes, mine does catch on the edge of thin material sometimes but you have
a lever there to get it started. My old Elu was the same, and that
wasn't cheap. Never had any trouble with retraction.