Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default A Quandry

Lew Hodgett wrote:

snip

They got my 18VDC, DeWalt, 1/2" chuck drill that I have used and abused
for almost 10 years.

It doesn't owe me anything.

I need a replacement, but will no longer be doing the heavy duty type
work that has been done in the past.

Staring into that crystal ball, what drill best meets the need.

The 15.6-volt Panasonic EY6432GQKW has been getting high reviews.
Here's one example:

"Best cordless drill overall.

The Panasonic cordless drill / driver is recommended by more reviews
than any other as the best combination of power and weight. The
Panasonic EY6432GQKW outperforms both 14.4-volt and 18-volt cordless
drills, especially for the most work per battery charge. Reviews also
praise its 4.8-pound weight and excellent balance."

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...ews/index.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA