Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default American toilets

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:12:34 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2006-08-23 20:45:41 +0100, Derek ^ said:

{...]

Ripped off?

What do you think VAT pays for?

Dunno.

I know what it gets spent on ...

Buying votes with benefits (Turkeys don't vote for Christmas).

Right-on, 60's hippy-esque harebrained PC schemes to pacify Old Lab.

There are still dogs in the government? Actually a scan around
Downing St confirms this. CFL bulb subsidies and compulsions as well.

Incompetance, such as the various state IT fiascos (watch out for news
about ISOFT and Accenture before the end of the week.) This list is
not by any means exclusive.

Didn't see that. Have Wankcenture done it again?

They figured extensively (20 mins or so) in todays 13-00 news on R4.

Unfortunatel I missed the first 30 secs and annoyingly none of the +/-
six following contibutions said what the news item actually was, and
it couldn't be deduced from the editorial.

here's what it says on the BBC R4 website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...13_00hrs.stm#3

http://snipurl.com/vcyr

The long and short of it is that iSOFT has to declare financial
results by the end on this week and they cannot be anything but very
bloody.

They will need to
bring in McKinsey now to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Apparently the next project is a wind farm.... They are good at those.

Tiger Woods must be being paid a lot of money to put his name to all this.

The project atarted off at 2 Billion, overan to 6 Billion, is now
standing at 14 Billion with Health authorities having to contribute
local end costs bringing it up to 30 Billion, and the computer
industry press reckonsit will ultimately end up around 50 billion if
it gets to completion at all.

And Hansen still asks us what we think our VAT goes to pay for.

We know what it goes to pay for.

DG