Posted to sci.electronics.repair
NN NN is offline

Default 70volts going from breaker box into the ground.

petrus bitbyter wrote:
"Homer J Simpson" schreef in bericht

"NN" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have the power shut off until it gets fixed, (danger is gone) I see
that voltage does not equal to money payed out. Looking at the
electric bill, I see the charges are based on current (load) per hour.
The formula for the watts (kilowatts) and amps and volts is rather
simple to use.

Nope. You are charged for kilowatts used; not volts, amps or volt amps.

Nope once more. You're paying for the energy used, usually measured in kWh
(kilo Watt hour). When the load is resistive the energy is calculated:

voltage x current x time [kWh]

When voltage and/or current are continuously changing due to the load,
rectifiers for instance, the calculation becomes more complicated though the
principle remains the same.

petrus bitbyter

Let see if I got the idea of cost. I have a 1500 watt space heater,
if I run it for one hour and my electric company charges ten cents a
kilowatt, Then the heater would cost fifteen cents running for the
full hour.