Chris Spyrou

Default Supporting 4 glass corner shelves on a wall

fred wrote:
Chris Spyrou wrote:
I've uploaded another design [top middle] with various bracket styles
http://www.numero.co.uk/misc/loungetv2.gif

Thought top left was by far the kewlst looking, but reckon top middle
may come a close second, and the cantilevered section is reduced
from 300mm to 141mm, nice one. Still don't know if I'd trust it with just
6mm toughened though :-).

Not sure what you mean by cantlevered section reduced.

Initial thought this was a good price for 10mm, but then reading
between the lines reckoned it wasn't toughened which I think would
be a bit scary.

Yes the price quoted was 10mm (not toughened).

Now you are going to tell me it is a stud wall . . . and this was
more work than you were looking for :-)

Well it's actually it's No and Yes

Two solid walls, but it probably comes into the more work than I was
looking for, especially with 4 shelves. The other 3 shelves housing
what I would term light AV equipment (video, dvd and sat box),
whilst the amp is 10kg and will be the highest shelf.

It's got to the point when I'm hoping that 6 brackets will do the job
adequately - like the
Spur 322307000 Small Comet Chrome Brackets (but in silver)
or 6 WM04(s) http://tinyurl.com/md3w.

And I though researching soundproof plasterboards was a task

--
Chris Spyrou
numero communications limited