Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default Help me pick a knob for my big ash table... (w/pics)

David F. Eisan wrote:
Hello everyone,

My big ash table is almost done. I have brushed 3 coats of Minwax water
based poly onto the base and bottom of the table and 5 coats onto the top of
the table. I wet sanded the top with 600 grit paper and rubbed it out with
2F pumice. I then waxed the top with Lee Valley blue label wax which
ironically comes in a can with a yellow label.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...lmostdone1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...lmostdone2.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...lmostdone3.jpg

I have been debating what type/style of knob should go on the drawer. A
friend of mine who had a number of knobs at her place gave me a bunch to see
what would look best on my table.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/allknobs.jpg

Which one do you think works best with the table? Or alternatively, do you
have another suggestion for a better pull for the drawer?

Thanks,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, In mine, I'm him

Let me get this straight...

You told a girlfriend about your big ash and see invited you over to
see her knobs? Wow, that never works for me...

I like the top one as well.

-Jim