Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Which Washing Machine ??

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"." writes:
F singing washing machines last longer with calgon /FX ?

Which is complete ******** in my experience.

I've had a Hotpoint for nearly 20 years. It's had a few
things go wrong in that time which I've repaired, but none
of them have anything to do with the hard water it's used
on. Indeed, having had it to bits a few times, there's
not a lot of hard water scale anywhere inside the machine
and only a thin layer on the heating element (which is the
original), and I've never used calgon or anything else to
descale it.

Besides which there is the issue of the cost of regular calgon usage -
arguably higher than the cost of the repairs that might otherwise be
required (notwithstanding what you've said above).

Mathew