Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Backwards sliding door lock

It is a 33 year old house. A pretty big job to flip the doors/frame.
From the inside of the house, there is a fixed panel on the left half

of the patio opening - not on a track. Next to it on the outside, there
is a track which holds the sliding door. With the track on the outside
a track stop won't work. She's nixed security chains.. and I don't
think there is enough clearance for foot bolts into the bottom of the
sliding door (glass too low). Peachtree and Pella have patio doors
that are set up this way. I've asked both for ideas / parts to lock
door partially open and they don't have a way. Just hoping someone else
has solved this problem.. thanks to all for feedback / suggestions

Steve.

David Martel wrote:
Steve,

Without a diagram I'm not sure of your problem. Why don't you remove all
the hardware, flip the doors over, install the hardware, and put in the
sliding door on the inside track?

Dave M.