Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ohmster Ohmster is offline

Default Viewsonic PF790 missing red

wrote in news:1156228757.069957.178110@
75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I personally recommend hitting the monitor, very hard if necessary. If
the red comes on, there is a loose wire or solder joint.

That is not a BS recommendation. I have found many, many monitors losing
color because the solder joints on the CRT board were bad. Hitting the
monitor might make the color come back or flicker, which would indicate
that it is probably a poor solder joint. Get some good glasses (Magnifiying
kind) and examine all the solder joints on the CRT PCB and resolder them.
This fixes a lot of monitors with this problem.

--
~Ohmster