Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default How to cut Edwardian door to fit glass panel?

wrote:
Hi, sorry for not being clearer in my last posting.
The beading is on both sides of the door.
The only way to get the wood panel out and the glass pane in is to saw
through the beading or else take the door apart as it seems the panel
was fitted when the door was made. The latter isn't really an option
as it has a solid mortice and tenon joint with wedges(wrong term!) and
glue.
I've found these veneer saws which should do the trick (I think) , see
the veneer or fine inlay saws
http://www.flinn-garlick-saws.co.uk/lynx.html

To get the panels out you must use a jigsaw to as near the beading or the
square inlay edge as possible,once the bulk of the panel is out use a 1/4"
chisle to take out 3" to 4" of the wood thats left in the recess of the
square and do this the other side as well also do it going with the
grain,remove the 3"/4" pieces and the rest will slide out at an angle

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite