Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Which Washing Machine ??

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:20:53 UTC, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

I've had a Hotpoint for nearly 20 years. It's had a few
things go wrong in that time which I've repaired, but none
of them have anything to do with the hard water it's used
on. Indeed, having had it to bits a few times, there's
not a lot of hard water scale anywhere inside the machine
and only a thin layer on the heating element (which is the
original), and I've never used calgon or anything else to
descale it.

I concur. I did change the element in our (nearly) 12 year old Hotpoint,
but only because the integral seal was leaking. No significant scale at
all, and I'm in a hard water area.

Avenue Supplies,
http://avenuesupplies.co.uk