Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default Which Washing Machine ??

Tim.. wrote:
11yo Candy has just died, so what is the groups opinion to its
successor?? Bosch ??

Tim..

LG have just released a direct drive (near silent) steam based washer.

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/general..._of_the_future

"t dramatically cuts water usage – which is topical, given that we’re facing a
drought this summer – as well as requiring less electricity. According to LG,
the washing machine used 35% less water and 21% less energy when tested
against a conventional model.

In addition to its eco-friendly credentials, steam-cleaning also reduces shrinkage
and extends the life of your threads. And if you’re as repulsed by menial domestic
chores as we are, you’ll love the Refresh programme, which removes creases
from garments in 20 minutes – you might as well chuck out that outdated iron today"

presumably you can lob the ironing board away, too. £800 and it's "network
compatible", whatever that means LOL

we're probably getting one for xmas.