Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Ladders

Huge wrote:
On 2006-08-22, Will Dean wrote:

If you're unable to move when you're dangling in your harness, you'll be
dead within a short time for reasons which are not *completely* understood
but are well documented. Look up 'suspension trauma'.

http://www.suspensiontrauma.info/

Good God. I didn't know any of this.

BTW, my solution was to buy a scaffold tower. Ladders are scarey.

Jesus, what is this with ladders? The only accidents I've heard of round
here are to do with people used to heights who get sloppy e.g. stepping
off ladders at the top when they thought they were at the bottom
(probably while listening to Radio 1). D-i-yers are the least likely to
have accidents I would have thought.