Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Ladders

John wrote:

However ... on other windows I have difficulty getting the Laddermax at
the correct position on the wall, partly because -- and this is the
point of my question -- I find it *extremely* heavy to manoeuvre the
ladder with the LadderMax on the end. It only weighs a couple of kilos
of course, but on the end of a ladder it gets awful heavy.

Any tips? Or do I just need to be a lot bigger and heavier?

John

I know what you mean however I do find it much easier (whether the
LadderMax is fitted or not) to manouvre the ladder with it vertical -
you're then just having to contend with the actual weight as opposed to
forces of leverage too.

Arguably easier said than done but with a bit of practice I can handle
our 7m ladder okay, however when the day comes that it topples
backwards/sideways and crashes through the neighbours patio doors
perhaps I'll rethink the strategy...

Mathew