Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Ladders

In article . com,
"Mathew Newton" wrote:

In case you haven't worked it out, I can highly recommend stand-offs
(or at least specifically the 'LadderMax' one I've got).

Mathew (and also Chris who replied earlier): I've also got a LadderMax.
On one window (above the porch, so very difficult to lean ladders over
the porch) it proved fantastic: it made painting that window a complete
doddle, and, as you've also remarked, I have never felt safer on a
ladder!

However ... on other windows I have difficulty getting the Laddermax at
the correct position on the wall, partly because -- and this is the
point of my question -- I find it *extremely* heavy to manoeuvre the
ladder with the LadderMax on the end. It only weighs a couple of kilos
of course, but on the end of a ladder it gets awful heavy.

Any tips? Or do I just need to be a lot bigger and heavier?

John