Carl

Default Spiraling Square Stock

Carl wrote:

Leo Lichtman wrote:

Carl wrote: (clip)chucking the rod at both ends in a lathe within a pipe to
maintain straightness and hand crank or use your back gearing to twist
(clip)
That comes very close to the method I described in an earlier post, using a
pipe-threading machine, and I expect it would work perfctly well. I imagine
that your lathe, with its gearing, has easily as much torque as my pipe
threader did.

Yes exactly Leo. Sorry, I hadn't read all the posts. The available torque from
the 5 hp that I have is scary.

Come to think of it I suppose the torque available from any lathe with the same hp
and gearing would be the same. (0: