Posted to uk.d-i-y
John McLean John McLean is offline

Default Bad 'Mains test plugs' ?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
T i m wrote:
Those 13A fitting 'Mains test plugs' .. are there good one and bad
ones (generally) or are they all basically as 'good' (bad?) as each
other?

Eg, you can get one on Maplin for £3.99 yet I'm sure I've seen them in
my local electrical shop for £16+?

The basic ones are just neons and give an indication of wrong connection.
But more sophisticated ones exist which do other tests.

--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

This unit is handy for testing when doing quotes; as a quick test on the
condition of the earth loop: -

Martindale E-Ze Check Extra

It gives an earth loop test of 10, 100, 200 or 500 ohm, useful when you are
assessing the need for an update on the main bonding.

Jaymack