Posted to alt.electronics
Ernie Werbel Ernie Werbel is offline

Default PIC/EEPROM programmer for use with IBM XT

Hey all. I am an EE student and have been setting up part of the basement
as an electronic shop. I have an IBM XT 5160 that I would like to set up to
burn PICs and EEPROMs. I have taken some classes on this and it is
fascinating! It would be awesome to be able to program my own chips.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any model PIC and/or EEPROM
programmers that have either a parallel or serial interface? Also, I would
need to know of software for assembly and hex programming. The computer
runs DOS 4.01.

Surely I could find this stuff somewhere like on eBay, but I don't know even
what to start looking for. Like I said, if anyone could recommend a brand
or model it woul dbe very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ernie