Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.energy,sci.environment
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Dell's first attempt to market perpetual motion

Bob Myers wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
These batteries are "intelligent", they have onboard management which
is
used to control the charging circuit.

And that affects what I'd said how, exactly?

What's he's saying is the battery contains it own charging circuitry
inside. If
you change the battery, you're also changing the charger at the same time.

Yes, thank you, that's precisely how I interpreted it, too.
The question above still stands, though.

A recall would presumably be replacing 'dodgy' units I suppose.

Graham