Posted to alt.home.repair
KB KB is offline

Default Insect in Outside Wall

"peter" wrote in message
news:8rFFg.826$E_.209@trnddc06...

Try bee trap/bait and put it outside near the buzzing wall. Hardware store
sells them or you can buy online.

I saw on "this old house", one exterminator use a non-contact thermometer
to locate colony of bees inside the wall since they warm up the wall a
little.

Thanks Peter! I wasn't sure whether they made bait specifically for bees and
such, and the local hardware store was no help. I'll check it out online or
perhaps one of the smaller hardware stores can help me.

Also thanks to Lar. You're definitely right about not just drilling away.
That probably wouldn't have been very bright on my part. The exterminator
also checked to see where the insect might be entering, but also couldn't
tell. I had recently (about 4 weeks ago) sealed a minor gap between two
roofs, but he assured me that there was no way the insect could survive that
long, and of course I am enclined to agree. If the bait doesn't do it, I'll
have to camp outside and see if I can figure out where it's entering.

Thanks again to you both!