Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Matt is offline

Default adhesives FAQ

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:41:26 +0100, Owain
wrote:

LSR wrote:
I have a book called "Chemistry in the Marketplace" which has a chart of
materials (metal, wood, stone, various plastics etc etc) as row and column
headings, and at each intersection it gives the best adhesive(s) for the two
materials. Not sure I can easily ASCII it though. Would this be helpful?
Maybe something similar is already out there.

I was going to suggest exactly that as a summary.

The FAQ is in HTML so a table shouldn't be a problem.

Owain

RS have a very comprehensive datasheet on adhesives, although its
quite a few years old it helps with some of the more strange substrate
combinations.

Go to www.rswww.com then infozone and there is a link "Guide to
adhesives " in the centre right of the page

There are about 10 pages on joint design and the different families of
glue and then a 30 page selection chart. Really needs printing at A3
though as the text is tiny.