Posted to alt.home.repair
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

On 17 Aug 2006 20:49:37 -0700, wrote:

Just my 2 cents here about why I hate lowes MORE than HD.

When in Lowes here in NY I cannot find ANYONE to assist.
They call, page and get nothing. Thats bull.

The people who they have working at my local one are locals
that dont know ANYTHING about their departments.
(I found this out on the rare occasion I found someone in the
first place)

The local HD are not much better, but at least they can direct
you in the right direction on where to find stuff. I wouldnt
never rely on the HD guys opinion on a project. I rather
get second and third opinions from people in the newgroups.

I've had a similar experience. I have about 5 HD's nearby. Finally a
few years back we got a Lowes. I was happy. went there a few times,
the store was empty and I could not get any help. I was redoing a
kitchen at the time, looking at cabinets. The people in the kitchen
design area would not talk to me, I had to make an appointment. There
was NO ONE there!! They had no customers. Since Lowes opened, the
workers at the local HD have really stepped up...it's even funny how
many of them say hello, can I help you? as you walk through the
store. They are doing a great job. I appreciate HD more since Lowes
came to town. This is LI NY by the way.