Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

On 08/18/06 07:38 am wrote:

If you dont like it at walmart- LEAVE!!! Walmart has the best prices
and good selection.
They help paychecks go farther. Retail jobs are supposed to be done by
teens who realize how bad they are, go to college and get a good paying
job.

Silly me! Here was I thinking that retail stores were supposed to be
staffed by qualified, well-motivated people who know what the store
sells, where to find it, and whether that is what truly meets the
customer's needs.

If retailers are going to employ unmotivated people who know nothing
about the products (which is not the same as saying that they are
idiots), then maybe retailers will simply disappear as more and more
people buy from amazon.com or buy.com.

Perce