Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

Wow! I never thought of that! Thanks!

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:41:05 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , frank1492 wrote:
I used to take great joy in visiting HD, but over the past year it has
become a frustrating experience. (I live in MA.) Every time I need
something these days, they are out os stock, and I'm not talking
slow-moving stuff, I'm talking basics like 3/4" copper elbows! They
tell me they can't order when they need something these days,
but receive stuff only when the home office tells them they need
it!
The other day, they only had ONE model of hedge trimmer in
stock in the Worcester store, so I went to Lowe's. No problem
finding HedgeHogs there.
Anybody else seeing this? One other observation: If an item
can be found at both Wal*Mart and HD, Walmart usually steps
all over HD on price.
I'm starting to dread going to HD.

So don't go there. Visit one of their competitors instead.

See? That wasn't so hard, was it?