Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

I used to take great joy in visiting HD, but over the past year it has
become a frustrating experience. (I live in MA.) Every time I need
something these days, they are out os stock, and I'm not talking
slow-moving stuff, I'm talking basics like 3/4" copper elbows!

Funny you should mention that.

I went to HD for copper sweat on fittings. They had contractor packs for
let's say, $2.50 for ten fittings. I bought all they had. When I got to
the cashier, she could not ring up the loose ones because they did not have
individual SKUs on them.

Call the manager.

Stand around.

Line behind me gets longer.

Repeat the last three steps about three times.

Meanwhile, I say, "Look. $2.50 divided by ten equals a quarter apiece.
Charge me that."

"Oh, I can't do that. I'll lose my job," was the response from the
oblivious nineteen year old clerk.

Finally, after about ten minutes, I walked out, leaving about $300 worth of
merchandise sitting there.

Steve