Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

I have read that Walmart's presence in the economy in essence
raises disposable personal income by .9% due to its low prices
relative to other retailers. Aside from the low wages they pay
their employees, nobody ever seems to mention the way in which
Walmart benefits low income consumers overall.
Your comments, however, are most informative and accurate
I am sure. Our differences are examples of why there is such heated
debate on the relative merits of this company.

On 17 Aug 2006 19:18:04 -0700, "bryanska"
wrote:

(2) Why does *everybody* hate Wal*Mart?

I hate Wal-Mart for two reasons:

1) Ever since Sam Walton died, all items are no longer made in USA. Not
only is the store depressing prices and local economies, Wal-Mart is
contributing to the trade deficit. Whereas before it was a local
problem, it's now nationwide.

Sound "liberal"? Listen to #2.

2) I work for a major Fortune 500 company that has a huge packaging
department. Our box suppliers (my vendors) are forced to do business
with Wal-Mart because they dominate many portions of commercial
logistics. If they don't deal with Wal-Mart, they can't compete.
However, Wal-mart demands such low prices from these box companies, the
margins leave nothing for re-investment. International Paper, for
example, owes a portion of its crushing debt to Wal-Mart, and the
company may not survive. My company is facing higher prices and worse
service because these companies are finding it difficult to grow.

So the bleeding-heart aspects of hating Wal-Mart are beginning to be
eclipsed by a growing, similar undercurrent in the business world.

These guys are assholes to deal with, too. Try navigating the Byzantine
rules of selling anything in their store.