Posted to alt.home.repair
bryanska bryanska is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

(2) Why does *everybody* hate Wal*Mart?

I hate Wal-Mart for two reasons:

1) Ever since Sam Walton died, all items are no longer made in USA. Not
only is the store depressing prices and local economies, Wal-Mart is
contributing to the trade deficit. Whereas before it was a local
problem, it's now nationwide.

Sound "liberal"? Listen to #2.

2) I work for a major Fortune 500 company that has a huge packaging
department. Our box suppliers (my vendors) are forced to do business
with Wal-Mart because they dominate many portions of commercial
logistics. If they don't deal with Wal-Mart, they can't compete.
However, Wal-mart demands such low prices from these box companies, the
margins leave nothing for re-investment. International Paper, for
example, owes a portion of its crushing debt to Wal-Mart, and the
company may not survive. My company is facing higher prices and worse
service because these companies are finding it difficult to grow.

So the bleeding-heart aspects of hating Wal-Mart are beginning to be
eclipsed by a growing, similar undercurrent in the business world.

These guys are assholes to deal with, too. Try navigating the Byzantine
rules of selling anything in their store.