Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default plastic plumbing

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I am just in the process of refitting bathroom and toilet. I will be
tiling the walls and probably the floors (may use vinyl though).

To simplify things I am considering using plastic pluming to plumb in a
radiator/towel rail. Has anyone any idea on the reliability of using
these fittings. I am happy soldering, but moving the pipes around is a
lot harder, hence the thought of using plastic.

Obviously the last thing I want happening is for a joint to fail behind
a tiled partition or under a floor.

Thanks

Tim

I would opt for copper in this case unless there are many twists and
turns as the pipes will emerge from the floor to meet the rail and that
short bit of plastic could be damaged more easily by hoovers or some
unforseen reason.

Not really, the hoover head just bounces off PEX, Hep2O or Speedfit pipe
without damage.

Not sure what size of pipe the OP is proposing but its 8 or 10mm copper
that's damageable by the hoover, its so soft.

Copper is the tried and trusted especially as it is
going to be inaccessible and will look better going into the rail.
Another thing to consider is rodents can bite the plastic and thats not
unheard of.

well I give them plenty of pipe insulation to keep them busy.

Jim A