Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plastic plumbing

I am just in the process of refitting bathroom and toilet. I will be
tiling the walls and probably the floors (may use vinyl though).

To simplify things I am considering using plastic pluming to plumb in a
radiator/towel rail. Has anyone any idea on the reliability of using
these fittings. I am happy soldering, but moving the pipes around is a
lot harder, hence the thought of using plastic.

Obviously the last thing I want happening is for a joint to fail behind
a tiled partition or under a floor.

Thanks

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am just in the process of refitting bathroom and toilet. I will be
tiling the walls and probably the floors (may use vinyl though).

To simplify things I am considering using plastic pluming

oh its failed already....

to plumb in a
radiator/towel rail. Has anyone any idea on the reliability of using
these fittings. I am happy soldering, but moving the pipes around is a
lot harder, hence the thought of using plastic.

Obviously the last thing I want happening is for a joint to fail behind
a tiled partition or under a floor.

Seriously, a particular advantage of plastic is that its easy to thread in
so that there are no inaccesable joints.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If you want it to look pretty, just switch to chrome pipe for the tails.

but remember to remove the chrome if using with pushfit.

Or use compression joints instead of pushfit.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:

If you want it to look pretty, just switch to chrome pipe for the tails.

but remember to remove the chrome if using with pushfit.

Or use compression joints instead of pushfit.

And remember when using chromed copper to do them up a bit tighter than
you would with ordinary copper pipe. That way the service valve won't
pop off the pipe end when you pressure test it and go to touch it with a
spanner to cure a "slight weep". DAMHIK! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And remember when using chromed copper to do them up a bit tighter than
you would with ordinary copper pipe.

Yes. You should a nice crunching noise when you are doing up a compression
on chrome. It's probably best to strip off the end, but I haven't bothered.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

John Rumm wrote:
Christian McArdle wrote:

If you want it to look pretty, just switch to chrome pipe for the
tails.

but remember to remove the chrome if using with pushfit.

Or use compression joints instead of pushfit.

And remember when using chromed copper to do them up a bit tighter than
you would with ordinary copper pipe. That way the service valve won't
pop off the pipe end when you pressure test it and go to touch it with a
spanner to cure a "slight weep". DAMHIK! ;-)

what idiot would forget that john?????????????
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gav wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:

If you want it to look pretty, just switch to chrome pipe for the
tails.

but remember to remove the chrome if using with pushfit.

Or use compression joints instead of pushfit.

And remember when using chromed copper to do them up a bit tighter
than you would with ordinary copper pipe. That way the service valve
won't pop off the pipe end when you pressure test it and go to touch
it with a spanner to cure a "slight weep". DAMHIK! ;-)

what idiot would forget that john?????????????

There is a difference between forgetting and learning! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.