Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] 1800rob@gmail.com is offline

Default Taking apart and rebuilding

Hi,

Im interested in creating a stand similar to the following:
http://www.tameshigiri.com/make_a_stand_2.html

However, I need the base to be separated from the post.
The only problem I foresee is it's "strength" as I will have to
take it apart (to transport easier) and set it back up repeatedly.
Using screws or lag bolts would be ideal but after a few times I'm
sure I'll have to redrill new holes. Does anyone have any
suggestions for making this more sturdy for the repetitious setup and
takedowns? I was thinking some bolts to go all the way through the
base and post to other side and using wingnuts or something. Maybe
metal plates at the base to prevent the holes from widening? I'm
pretty handy, but just don't do much woodworking to know all the tips
and tricks you guys have.
Thanks for any insight!