Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default plastic plumbing

wrote:

To simplify things I am considering using plastic pluming to plumb in a
radiator/towel rail. Has anyone any idea on the reliability of using
these fittings. I am happy soldering, but moving the pipes around is a
lot harder, hence the thought of using plastic.

I have never had any trouble with them. Remember that you can also use
standard compression fittings with plastic pipe so long as you use the
correct pipe inserts in the ends of the pipe.

Obviously the last thing I want happening is for a joint to fail behind
a tiled partition or under a floor.

You may find that with its ability to bend round corners etc, you can
eliminate most joints anyway.

--
Cheers,

John.