Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

Default plastic plumbing

wrote:
I am just in the process of refitting bathroom and toilet. I will be
tiling the walls and probably the floors (may use vinyl though).

To simplify things I am considering using plastic pluming to plumb in a
radiator/towel rail. Has anyone any idea on the reliability of using
these fittings. I am happy soldering, but moving the pipes around is a
lot harder, hence the thought of using plastic.

Obviously the last thing I want happening is for a joint to fail behind
a tiled partition or under a floor.

Thanks

Tim

my opinon is to use plastic where it out of sight and the use copper for
the stuff you will see. the plastic stuff works best under pressure and
is suited to heating and water applications, never on gas though!